We are the regulator for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and registered pharmacies in Great Britain. Our main job is to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public who need or use services from pharmacists or pharmacy technicians, or services provided at a registered pharmacy, in England, Scotland and Wales.
We are seeking to recruit a Policy Manager to develop and manage education policy initiatives and to produce evidence-based advice to the organisation on education policy matters relevant to pharmacy education. This is a newly created role due to demand within this area of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage a programme of policy initiatives in line with the strategic aims and objectives of the GPhC and in consultation with the Head of Education;
- Manage and develop members of the education policy team;
- Lead and manage the implementation of agreed education policy initiatives;
- Manage and develop internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Identify, carry out and commission research to support education policy development;
- Contribute to the wider work of the education policy team and the GPhC;
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate significant experience of policy work, including the preparation of policy briefings. You must be able to confidently manage internal and external stakeholder relationships. An understanding of the education function of a (healthcare) regulator is desirable, as is an understanding of pharmacy/healthcare regulation in general. An understanding of the UK/GB higher education sector and/or professional education in UK/GB will be an advantage.
In return, you can expect a rewarding work environment which nurtures professional development. We also offer a benefits package that includes 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, interest-free season ticket loan and eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme (after completion of three months service), Private health care, subsidised staff restaurant, life insurance plus other competitive benefits.
If you have the required experience and skills, please send your CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for this role by email via the button below.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.