Meraki Talent are currently looking to recruit an Insurance Audit Senior to join a big 4 firm in Bermuda.
You will be joining a leading practice firm who have an exceptionally strong presence across the Caribbean and Bermuda. The insurance industry in Bermuda is booming! It is forecast that the Bermudian insurance industry will rise to US$167.1 billion in 2019, from $102.3 billion in 2014. There are currently over 1,200 captive insurance companies in Bermuda and it is a location which is internationally renowned as a leader in the insurance sector.
The successful applicant will act as a lead member of the engagement team and be involved in planning, fieldwork, research, reviewing financial statements, coordinating and clearing review, with a particular focus within the Insurance/re-insurance sector.
In Bermuda, you will be working in a busy Financial Services sector whilst also enjoying a great work/life balance and be based in a beautiful location with an enjoyable climate! The financial services sector in Bermuda is booming and whilst advancing your professional experience, you'll also receive a highly competitive (low-tax) salary and an attractive benefit package.
Duties and responsibilities of the Audit Senior
- Planning and undertaking of audit
- Being involved in or having responsibility for all aspects of auditing from planning stage to finalisation/completion
- Leading audits or working as part of the audit team, as required
- Reporting directly to Manager and Partners on engagement status
- Strengthening client relationships and liaising directly with clients as required
- Working in accordance with US GAAP
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of staff and managing performance of junior associates
- Working on multiple engagements concurrently and managing your time and resources effectively
- Ensuring relationships are maintained to a high standard
Background of the Audit Senior
- ACCA, CA, ICAEW, CPA qualified or equivalent
- PCAOB experience or SEC reporting experience
- Experience within financial services/insurance
- Experience with US GAAP/GAAS and/or IFRS
- Previous experience working for a leading CA firm (Big 4 or Top 10)
- You should be an assertive individual, with strong management abilities
- Extensive experience within Audit
- Strong communication skills- both written and spoken
- Strong ability to develop client relationships
Is this job for you?
We're looking for: Audit, ACA, CA, Financial Services, Insurance, Reinsurance, Funds, US GAAP, Auditor
In return, this opportunity offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop your career.